Did you know that 13.4% of Malaysians experience gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)? 
GERD is a chronic condition of your stomach acid frequently flowing back into the esophagus, which is the tube that connects your mouth and stomach.  This constant acid reflux can cause many troublesome symptoms and damage to the esophagus in the long run.
Signs & Symptoms
Common signs and symptoms of GERD include :
- A burning sensation in your chest (heartburn), usually after eating, which might be worse at night
- Chest pain
- Difficulty swallowing
- Regurgitation of food or sour liquid
- Sensation of a lump in your throat
If you have nighttime acid reflux, you might also experience:
- Chronic cough
- Laryngitis (an inflammation of your voice box due to overuse, irritation or infection)
- New or worsening asthma
- Disrupted sleep
GERD can be treated by managing the symptoms and here are some things that you can do. 
1. Diet And Lifestyle Changes
- Eat slower, smaller meals
- Eat at least 2 hours before sleep
- Lose weight if needed
- Avoid nicotine, alcohol and caffeine
- Avoid high fat foods
2. Taking Medications
- Antacids and H2 blockers can help to deplete acids.
- Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) block certain acidifying protons and may also heal damaged stomach lining.
- Unfortunately, PPIs are linked with increased risk of other adverse effects: osteoporotic-related fractures, Clostridium difficile infection, community-acquired pneumonia, vitamin B12 deficiency, kidney disease, and dementia. 
3. Taking Probiotics
- Probiotics are a type of good bacteria found in the digestive tract. They are important for digestive health and immune function. 
- A meta-analysis found that 79% of studies about probiotics and the effects on GERD symptoms concluded that probiotics helped to reduce the symptoms of GERD, including reduced regurgitation and decreased heartburn. 
- In another 12-week study, combining heartburn medication with probiotics reduced the risk of treatment relapse, compared with a control group that only got heartburn medication. 
Probiotics are available at SM Health Care Sdn Bhd.
Contains 10 Billion CFU Probiotics
- Lactobacillus plantarum LP01: 60.00mg
- Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12: 133.33mg
- Inulin-Oligofructose Powder: 2271.00mg (derived from Chicory Root) providing Inulin-Oligofructose: 2089.32mg
- Adding prebiotics to probiotics can boost the survival of probiotics, making sure they arrive to the digestive tract alive and well.
- Also improves bowel movement, promotes better absorption of vitamins and minerals, and boosts immunity.
- No preservatives, artificial colours and flavours.
- Available in 3 sizes.